Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sorry still no pictures to post. I did buy a new camera, a canon 590 8 mp 4x optical. But our computer is in need of a cleaning. I have backed up all of our files and now just need to clear the hard drive and start over from stratch. I am still gearing up to do this. We need some anti-virus, spyware software stuff - the main reason for the overhaul. I will try not to drag my feet too long on this project, but I see no point in loading the new photo software and uploading pictures that I will just have to reload again.

I have been keeping myself busy with lots of reading. I started the Uglies series by Westerfield at the begining of June. It is a YA series, but because I enjoyed Twilight and Harry Potter so much I decided to give it a try. It is a good series. Of course nothing could be as intense as the Bella and Edward relationship, but the Uglies has some pretty good relationship stuff and lots of action. Definately a good read. There are 4 books in the series, Uglies, Pretties, Specials and Extras. I have yet to read Extras, but that book was kind of an after thought. It was only suppose to be a 3 book series and book 4 introduces a new main character, with the main character from the first 3 books as a side character. So, I am not as anxious about reading the 4th book, because the real story already has had a nice resolution. The book is set in the future and is very thought provoking about our social norms and customs as well as our treatment of the enivornment. And of course a good love story intertwined throughout the whole series.

I never really liked reading growing up and feel like I have discovered a whole new world. Reading is such a great source of escape and entertainment that I never new I was missing. I know I now neglect my family a whole lot more and sometimes stay up way to late, but I am glad a have found a new interest. Now when someone asks what my hobbies and interests are I have an answer. I like to read!

2 comments:

Shannon b said...

yay! you have a hobby! ;)
I'm so with you on "discovering a whole new world." It's pretty fun. Right now I'm in the middle of The Host - hoping to finish it this weekend.

Tia said...

So do you have any of these books? I tried to find them at the library, but of course there were like 29 holds on all of them...then I looked for them at Target and Walmart...neither had them...I guess I'm going to have to try an actual bookstore...you peeked my interest, and I need some summer reads...can't wait till you get here! ( I'm posting from Atlanta) See you soon!