Baseball is officially over and soccer has started. Today was both the boys first soccer game. It was Patrick's first soccer game ever and Lenny's first game on the older team where they play on a full field, not half a field. They both did well and had fun. I did not have my camera with me and they do not have another game for two weeks because of Labor day weekend. But I will try to get some footage at the next games. Lenny's team is light blue and called the Wild Cats. Although he thinks his name does not go well with his uniform because the Wild Cats are suppose to be red (High School Musical) And Patrick's team is neon green and called The Green Beans! I think that is so cute. It makes me smile every time Patrick tells someone his team name.
I feel like I should mention that the below t-ball footage is of Patrick's first game and he no longer slides into every base and does not have to be reminded to touch home plate. He improved well over the season.
Leonard took a half day on Friday and we went to the Y as a family to practice some soccer, and then went swimming. We got Lenny to attempt to dive into the water. His first few attempts were graceful belly flops. Finally I got him to squat down way low, put his hands straight out in a point above his head and then just told him to kind of fall over into the water head first. He was a little hesitate at first, but then did it! It looked real good, but he had to flip around in the water to get turned right side up again and all that turning around in the water I think kind of scared him. Although he knows how to swim and knows the right technique to do freestyle, he still does not like to put his face in the water. I hope next time at the Y I can convince him to try again.
Patrick had a big day as well. He swam all by himself, no floaty! He did really well at his swim lesson the past two weeks and got comfortable enough to try a back float with his floaty on all by himself. Friday I tried to get him to do the back float with out the floaty and with me supporting him. He seemed so relaxed and said he wanted to try to swim to the edge of the pool. He was practically close enough to reach out and grab the edge, but I let him go and he push off me and grabbed the edge. I could tell though that he had really swam for a spilt seond so I pulled him back further and told him to try again. And he did it he swam all by himself. It was actually a little more like treading water because he could hardly get himself to move anywhere, but the expression on his face and his joy was priceless. He was so proud. And so were we.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment