Friday, December 11, 2009

EIGHT IS GREAT



In our religion age 8 is considered the age of accountability, the age at which a child's concept of right and wrong has more fully developed. It is at this age that a child can choose whether to be baptized and become an official member of Christ's church. In October Lenny turned 8 and chose to get baptized.

Lenny's baptism was held on Friday October 16th. His Grandma K. spoke about being baptized. Grandpa J. spoke about the gift of the Holy Ghost. And Lenny's Dad baptized him and confirmed him a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Also, my mom and I played 'Beautiful Savior' on our violin and cello. It has been a long time since that has happened. I was a little rusty, but I think it went over well.



It was great having family so close to be able to attend the baptism and we're thankful for Leonard's parents traveling up from FL.



We are very pleased with Lenny and take joy in having him in our family.

No comments: