Our Camp Site-If you look closely you can see the tents through the trees.Last month we went camping with Lenny's school Boy Scout Troop. The Troop had given us directions to the camp site, but I decided to use my own directions. Bad idea. Five miles out from the campsite we ended up a a dirt road, if you can even call it that. If it had rained at all we would have been in big trouble. Our Chevy Malibu was not made for four wheeling. This windy, bumpy 'road' was not on our GPS and there were random forks in the road were we had to just guess which way to go. We eventually made it out back to a real road and were able to find our way to the camp ground. But the weirdest part? There were actually houses on this road/trail through the woods. I'd like to hear one of them trying to give directions to their house and there is no way the mail man goes back there.
Patrick enjoying dinner.We still made to the campsite with plenty of daylight, but the sight was pretty rustic. No running water, definitely no electricity and a out house for a bathroom. We only stayed one night so we survived!
The 'Bathroom'Friday night involved setting up camp, exploring the campsite, roasting hot dogs for dinner and s'mores for dessert. It also involved a very long cold night. The weather during the day was beautiful, but I was not prepared for the night. Lenny buried himself in his sleeping bag and pulled his pillow down to block up the hole. According to him, he slept perfectly fine. Leonard, Patrick and I on the other hand spent the night huddled together trying to keep warm. I don't feel like I truly ever feel asleep that night.
2 comments:
Glad you made it to the camp site...I'm surprised that your Malibu doesn't off-road very well because our Malibu does great in those situations. :) Looks like it was fun!
PS- I can't believe how big the boys are getting!
Post a Comment