Lenny's teacher is about 4 months pregnant. Today was his end of the year class party. (The kids are done on Friday!) Along with the party the classroom mom suggested that we also throw a mini baby shower for the teacher. My sister had given our sister in-law this cute wipes case at Christmas. So, I searched on line for a tutorial and found a similar case with little bag to hold the case and some diapers. I called my sister to see how hard the project was because it was late Tuesday after noon and the party was tomorrow. She said it was not that hard and I decided to be extra ambitious and make the case and a bag.
A quick trip (or an attempt at a quick trip to the store-I had to go to Walmart because I was told that is the only place that carries white wipe holders, so I figured I would just look for some cute fabric there. One stop shopping. Well, apparently Walmart has decided to close their fabric department. So I tried right next door at Micheals. I know they don't sell fabric by the yard, but I did not need that much fabric and thought I might get lucky with some quilt square size samples. Wrong! But I did find some cute metal ribbon embellishments. So next I headed over to Hobby Lobby and got my fabric) and I was back home in time to tuck the kids in bed. Then using my creative domestic skills, which I have not used in a while, I whipped up a fabric covered wipe case and diaper holder. I was quite proud of myself! Here is proof that it turned out pretty cute. Or at least I think so.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Super duper cute! YOu did great! Sorry my phone died in the middle of our conversation yesterday. But it looks like you handled it. Wish I was there to craft with you:)
Love it! You did a great job Tamra!
Post a Comment