Sunday, November 19, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

My goal is to try to start blogging on a consistant basis. I think I feel like I need to post some great news or have pictures in order to post and it always seems really time consuming to sit down and post something. I am trying to change my outlook on posting, be more relaxed and try to post once a week. Even if it is just a sentence or two.

I have a new calling at church. I had been the senior primary music chorister over a year and a half. I was released several weeks ago and called to teach the sunbeams. Our sunbeam attendance varies from 4 to 10. When there are just 4 children it is pretty easy and fun. When there are 10 it can be chaos and a workout-especially during closing exercising. The sunbeams are ready to be done after three hours of church and asking them to sit still for 15 more minutes is next to impossible. There is poking, laughing, turning around in their seats, standing up, crawling under the seats, banging, kicking, laying on the floor, pretty much anything except sitting still and being quiet. But besides closing exercise it has been fun to do something new and to learn all about how the sunbeams little minds work. Some of their comments are priceless.
Speaking of little kids-the other day Lenny and Patrick found the tape measure in the garage and ended up bringing it inside to measure things. After measuring the room and Patrick's blankie, I measured how tall Patrick is. I told him to stand up tall as I measured. "36 inches tall, you are 3 feet tall." Patrick's reply putting a hand on each of his legs, "No 3 feet, I have 2 feet!"
It reminded me of Lenny's response several months ago to me measuring him and telling him he was a little bit taller than average. "Mom, who's Average?"

1 comment:

Shannon b said...

CUTE comments! Good luck with your new calling. Holy cow, I can just imagine how tiring that would be to keep 10 3-year-olds under control.