Wednesday, November 01, 2006



Lenny and I celebrated our birthdays last month. Lenny had a fun space themed party with sling shot rockets, a comet toss, moon rock fight, space ship pinata and way too many kids. We have neighborhood friends and church friends. Last year we just invited the neighbors. But this year Lenny had been invited to almost every kid in his class' party at church, I decided to return the favor and invite those that had invited him. When do not get to spent alot of time with kids from church because we have such great neighbor right out our front door. Lenny has been having a hard time at church, complaining he hates church and has no friends there (which is not true), but I thought inviting the kids from church would also give him the opportunity to spend more fun time with them and maybe help not be so negative about church. I realized though that having 18 kids at five year olds birthday party is not a good idea. Handing out cake was complete chaos and we did not have enough time or energy at the end to open presents. Next year we will definately go smaller.

1 comment:

Shannon b said...

holy cow -- 18 KIDS!! That is crazy!
You have to share with me everything you did (the details) because later this month I'm planning on throwing a space-themed party for Conner too. I better get crackin' because it's just a few weeks away.

I think I will take your advice and limit the guest list -- I'm thinking, 6-8 kids.