Monday, March 17, 2008

I am trying to decide on a new camera. I have been without a camera for basically 7 months. I have a camera I have been using, but takes horrible pics inside and just okay pics outside. I am having a hard time deciding. I want something that I am going to be happy with, but do not want to overspend for my needs. Leonard would like a good zoom (at least 4x optical) and decent MP, but we are just going to be using it for the normal family stuff (vacations, birthdays, kids sports, holidays, etc..) Leonard does not want a Kodak, but Kodak seems to have lower priced cameras with similar specs. Maybe that is a bad sign. I don't know. Below are a few models that I have looked at. If anybody still checks my blog let me know what kind of camera you have and if you are happy with it.

Hey, if you help me decide on a new camera, maybe I will start posting more with all my great pictures taken with my new camera.

Olympus FE-310 Digital Camera
#048128
Model: FE-310
8MP
5x optical zoom
2.5" LCD


Kodak EasyShare Z1285 Digital Camera
#158331
Model: Z1285
12MP
5x optical zoom
2.7" LCD
64MB internal memory


Olympus Stylus 780 Digital Camera - Black
#974895
Model: 780
7.1 MP
5x optical zoom
2.5" HyperCrystal LCD


Canon SD850IS PowerShot Elph Digital Camera
#784822
Model: SD850IS
8MP
4x optical zoom
2.5" LCD


Canon PowerShot A720IS Digital Camera
#835880
Model: 2092B001
8MP
6x optical zoom
2.5" LCD


Canon PowerShot SX100IS Digital Camera
#835873
Model: 2091B001
8MP
10x optical zoom
2.5" LCD

2 comments:

Shannon b said...

my last two cameras have been Canon Powershot Digital Elph cameras and I have LOVED them! I'm currently using the SD630, so I'm sure the SD850 would be fabulous. I love the GIANT LCD screen, the fact that it fits into my jeans pocket (front or back), and it takes great photos.
But then again, every camera I've ever owned has been a Canon, so I might be a little bias. Good luck camera hunting!

Tia said...

Okay Tamra, I tagged you on my board so get posting:) Did you ever get a new camera? Hope all is well Love ya...Tia