Friday, October 02, 2009

I am coming to the end of another week and happy to report that this one has been a lot less stressful. We still do not have someone scheduled to fix our basement leak, but because of the flooding all the waterproofing/basement people are working overtime. We will just have to wait.

I changed our car insurance to GA insurance. It was not too much of a surprise that it was higher than in OH. (there is more traffic here, I was rear ended and I usually saw an accident a day on my trek back and forth picking the kids up from school) But it was a bit of a shocker that it doubled! :(

But for good news:

All the components that Leonard had ordered for our 'theater room' in the basement have arrived. Now we just need to figure out how to wire it all together.

My washing machine is fixed and I can now wash clothes at home!

I got my GA drivers license because it expired on my birthday and I did not want to end up with a learners permit again like I did in OH by letting my license expire.

Our trash was picked up for the first time yesterday. Was great to get some of the garbage out of the house.

My car repair was completed today, so I now have my car back!

I planted some mums in the front yard to get ready for Fall.

I celebrated Lenny's and my birthday yesterday by going out for ribs, then taking Lenny to his first cub scout meeting at church. And we have plans this Sunday to go to my parents house to have dinner and cake and ice cream with Shane, Megan, Kolayna, Brett and Mom and Dad.

I am looking forward to spending time with my family and relaxing.

4 comments:

Shannon b said...

oh, I'm so glad to hear that things are settling down and some of the pieces are coming together! Hope you had a great birthday! And enjoy cub scouts -- I've decided that it is as much fun as you make it. :)
Is Lenny getting baptized soon?
Enjoy your weekend with family!

Tia said...

Hi!
Happy birthday! Have fun this weekend at mom an dad's. I told mom I am going to be a little jealous of all the family things now. Have fun and relax!

ily said...

Happy Birthday and yeah for living near family!

PetEm said...

Sounds like moving has been quite the 'adventure'. Hope things continue to get less stressful so that you can relax and enjoy the new place. :)