I decided it was about time for my monthly post. Things have been busy here. I have been hard at work trying to finish my many projects.
I finally put up the last piece of chairrail in Lenny and Patricks room. Although it still needs to be painted. I finished the rest of the room last September. I was really falling behind on that project.
I finally planted flowers in one of my mulch beds on the left side of the house. I still need one big bush or a dwarf tree to put in the corner, but I am going to wait until next summer and see how my flowers fair. If some end up dying or not growing the way I want I might do a little redesigning, so i think I will hold off on the bush/tree till I get a better feel for how my garden will grow. The other mulch bed has some plants but I do not like what I planted. If the plants die they have a money back guarentee. So I am hoping they die so I can choose new plants.
I have also been trying to paint my front hallway, upstairs and upstairs hall. I finished most of it today, but there is still that one part in the stairway were the ceiling is really high that I can not reach. Plus, I was running out of paint. I am hoping Leonard can help me finish up the painting next week and that the almost completely end paint can holds enough paint to get the job done. I still have the upstairs doors to paint though. They are an off-white and I want them pure-white.
I am also working on a path/walk way next to my flower garden. There is a park about 20 minutes south of us that we sometimes meet friends at. Next to the park, in the woods, there is a stream. Everytime we go to the park I go down by the stream and hunt for medium to large flat stones that I lug back to my car to take home and add to my path. Everytime I come home with stones I feel like I am carrying 500 lbs in my trunk. But when I get home and put the stones down it looks like I brought home nothing. It is going to take a lot more trips to the park then anticipated to finish my path way.
My attempt at a vegetable this year seems to be having mediocre success. The carrots and the tomatoes never sprouts. We have big leafy yellow squash, zuchinni and green been plants and 3 tiny corn stalk sprouts(Lenny's vegetable choice). We still have yet to see if any vegetable will actually be produced. The garden been has been over run by some sort of clover/vine like/ground cover weed and seems to be situated above the world's largest ant hill/hole.
We took a trip to Atlanta for Memorial Day weekends. It was kind of last minute and we were worried about feeling rushed and not being able to really have to time to enjoy the trip. But we all had a great time. We got in Friday night around 9pm and took a dip in the hot tub before going to bed. I got a pedicure Saturday morning with Kolayna. Then we went boating on my parents boat. Kolayna's friend Brian came too and Shane and wife Megan met up with us later. I got to ski, we convinced both Lenny and Patrick to take rides on the tube and Lenny swam in the water alone with a life jacket on for the first time. Later that night we had pizza at my folks and Megan and Shane over to visit. Sunday we went to church, BBQed for dinner and just hung out. Monday morning my Dad, Leonard, Lenny and Shane played golf while I packed up and did some window shopping with my mom and Patrick. Then we met up with the boys at Megan and Shane's house, said our goodbyes and were on our way back home. We were home by 10:30 that night and then Tuesday it was back to things as normal.
Well, that is probably enough rambling for now. It is getting late and I should get to bed. I will try to write again sooner.
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Despite any problems you may be having with your garden, it sounds like you have quite a green thumb. And that list of projects you're tackling . . . you want to send some of that ambition my way?
Post a Comment