Sunday, May 04, 2008

We have had a good Sunday at the Keenan house. Today Lenny bore his testimony for the first time in sacramaent meeting. He volunteered to do it all by himself. I asked him if he knew what he wanted to say say. He asked if he could just read a scripture. So I asked him if he had a favorite scripture or story that he wanted to share. He said he liked the story of Heleman's warriors. I asked him what his favorite part of the story was. He said it was that the parents taught their boys about the church, so they were not afraid to fight. So I told him he could get up and say that and that he was happy his parents taught him about the gospel. He wanted me to write it down for him. So I wrote down three simple sentences describing what we had talked about and he went up to the pulpit all by himself with his piece of paper. He stood up straight and tall and read it nice and clear. Afterwards I asked if he was nervous and he said that he was when he first got up there, but after he finished he wanted to do it again. I am very pleased with Lenny for being so brave and for recognizing what a good feeling he had after bearing his testimony.

Lenny also had another milestone today. He lost his second tooth. He was very brave about that too. It was very loose but not quite loose enough to fall out. He worked on it all by himself and pulled it out all on his own. Yesterday he found out that his Aunt's, who is living with us, birthday is on Monday. After discovering this he said he had to loose his tooth before Monday so that he could get money from the tooth fairy to buy his Aunt a birthday present. So, I think he worked extra hard today to get that tooth out in time for his aunt's birthday.

Lenny can be a handful at times, but he really does have a good heart. I just need to work on remembering that when he is jumping all over the furniture, making messes all over the place and constantly climbing all over me.

2 comments:

Shannon b said...

how sweet! And that's great that he went up and did it all by himself. We just had the "bearing your testimony" discussion after church today with Conner (he's never done it before - just waiting for it to be his idea).
So how much does the tooth fairy pay at your house?

Tamra Keenan said...

The TF pays $1 at our house. I think that is more then enough. But I know that several of the kids in Lenny's class at school get any where from $2-5 per tooth. Lenny is lucky to get his dollar, I was contemplating 50-75 cents and decided to be generous.